- 15 Ideas for Indoor Fun on Cold Winter Days (424 words) Article gives ideas to entertain kids on a cold wintry day when it’s too cold to play outside.
- 101 Snow Day Boredom Busters (797 words) This article gives ideas for parents to entertain their kids on a snowy day stuck at home.
- Mid-Year Elementary School Blues: How to Keep Kids Motivated All Year Long (542 words) This article gives tips parents can implement after the excitement of a new school year has worn off.
- It’s Raining, It’s Pouring: 7 Things to do on a Rainy Day (567 words) Gives ideas to help get the wiggles out when you are stuck inside on a rainy day
- Teaching Kids to Enjoy Nature (688 words) In today’s digital age, families are spending more time inside and less exploring nature. This article gives parents great reasons to get the kids outside and suggestions on how to foster a love of nature.
- 5 Ways to Keep Kids Reading This Summer (528 words) This article gives tips parents can use to keep their kids reading during the summer months.
- Battle the End of Summer Boredom (652 words) Article kids tips parents can use to battle the end of summer boredom and keep kids entertained until school begins.
- Beat the Heat: Indoor Fun for Hot Summer Days (520 words) When the dog days of summer have settled in and it’s too hot to play outside all day. The kids still have a lot of energy to burn. Article gives 15 easy ways to entertain the kids and keep cool at the same time.
- How to Give Your Kids a 1970’s Summer (800 words) A fun summer article that gives parents ideas to give their kids a summer filled with nostalgia, outdoor play, and creativity rather than apps, camps, and the need to keep up with social media.
- Tips for Efficient Packing (520 words) This article gives vacation packing tips for families large or small.
- Taking a Beach Vacation with Toddlers (411 words) Article gives tips for parents planning a beach vacation with young children
- Travel Tips for Family Trips (678 words) This article gives ideas to keep the kids happy and entertained on any car or plane trip. The sidebar “More Travel Tips from Real Moms” is included.
- 8 Fun Fall Traditions for Families (593 words) Article gives eight ideas for fall traditions any family can start.
- Have a Happy Birthday (Without the Party): Budget Friendly Birthday Ideas That Make Your Child Feel Special (595 words) This article gives budget friendly tips for parents to make their child’s birthday special without throwing a big expensive party. A sidebar “More Big Ideas to Make Your Child’s Birthday Special” is included.
Back to School
- 5 Benefits of Team Sports (457 words) This article gives the surprising benefits team sports has to offer.
- Are Music Lessons Worth the Cost? (711 words) The average cost of private music lessons ranges from $15-40 per half hour. Private lessons cost parents $1,000 to $2,000 a year. Are music lessons really worth the cost? This article gives short and long term benefits of private lessons, helping parents make an informed decision.
- Benefits of Making Healthy Snacks for Kids (724 words) Article gives benefits of snacking for kids and lists some healthy snack ideas.
- Calming the Butterflies (799 words) It’s normal for kids to feel nervous about an upcoming event such as a recital, a big game, or attending a new school. This article gives tips parents can use to help calm their child’s “butterflies”. Article includes a sidebar “Symptoms of Anxiety in Children”.
- Get Ready for Back to School (694 words) This article gives realistic tips to make back to school an easy transition for parents and students.
- Homework Habits: How to Motivate Kids (690 words) This piece gives practical tips parents can use to motivate kids to get their homework done.
- Lifelong Benefits of Science Fairs (550 words) This article lists lasting benefits children gain from participating in school science fairs.
- Off to Kindergarten: Getting Mom Ready (469 words) Our focus is getting our kids ready for the first day but is mom ready? This article gives tips for parents struggling to send their baby off to kindergarten.
- Organizing School Papers and Artwork (586 words) Helps parents get their school papers organized and decide what to keep and what to toss.
- Pint-Sized Pursuits: Enrichment Activities for the Preschool Crowd (769 words) This article gives benefits of different preschool enrichment and helps parents find the right fit for their child. The sidebar “Preschool Enrichment at Home” is available with this piece.
- Reduce First Day Jitters (621 words) Tips for parents to help their kids deal with first day of school anxiety.
- Soothing Separation Anxiety (760 words) Article gives coping strategies for parents who are leaving their child with a caregiver for the first time.
- Speed Up the Dawdler (866 words) This article gives tips parents can use to get their slow moving child motivated in the morning. A sidebar titled “What Not to Do” is available.
- Taking the Stress Out of School Mornings (668 words) Article gives suggestions for parents and kids to make school mornings less stressful
- Talking to Kids About Disabilities (787 words) This article gives parents tips on how to talk to their children about disabilities and differences in an appropriate and intelligent way.
- Think Outside the Lunch Box (144 words) Perfect for a back to school sidebar, this article gives lunch ideas that go beyond the same old thing.
- When Kids Reject Sports: Keeping Kids Active When They Avoid Team Sports (674 words) Team sports are a great way to keep kids active but not all kids enjoy playing them. This article helps parents find other ways their children can continue to be healthy and active even if they are not part of a sports team.